- Cleanliness of the place and aquarium tanks. If the place is in a mess with waters everywhere and it smells, you will immediately get the impression that the owner does not know how to manage the place well. Same goes with cleanliness of the tanks and check whether there are accumulation of waste in it.
- Health of the fish – Does the fish on sale appear listless or inactive? Is there any spot or sign that shows it is infected with fish disease? This is an important criteria to determine whether they provide good stock
- Labeling of the fish tank – Does the owner took the effort to label the names for different types of fish including the price? There are some reputable aquarium stores that go up to the extent of providing a brief description such as size of full-grown fish, water requirements like pH and hardness, general behavior and fish compatibility info whether they are suitable for community tank.
- Staff Attitude – Is the staff helpful enough to offer advice and assistance? More important, is the information given accurate? Do they really know and have experience with aquarium fish keeping?
- Finally, does the shop quarantine the fish before they offer it for sale? The reason why fish needs to be quarantined is because when they arrive from wholesalers, usually the fish are stressed out from their long trip and most of them are infected with fish parasite. Fish stores that put this quarantine measure into practice should be reliable to provide good stock.
|Comparing Between Different Fish Filters (Advantages and Disadvantages). How about other brands like the BiOrb?|
Sock Yee Khoo
My fascination and interest towards aquarium fish has led me to devote my time towards caring and learning about this wonderful pet.
Aquarium fish keeping is a very challenging and exciting hobby. When I first started, I never knew much or have the necessary guidance back then because none of my family members were actually a keen hobbyist. And because of that, I’ve encountered numerous failures and the worst part is having to deal with dead fish every time when you started to grow fond and getting attached to my pets. However, I persevered and took steps to find out and search for information from other hobbyist, apart from the knowledge gained and learned from my own experience and research. The blog that I’ve created here is meant to share useful information and tips about aquarium fish keeping so that new hobbyist will not make the same mistakes that I’ve made in the past."
Have any comment, suggestion, picture or article about your pet fish experience you would like to share? Use the Contact Me Page.